From time-to-time I want to use this blog to feature "must reads." Well, as we look ahead 2009 promises to be a big year for great books. One such book is Unfashionable: Making a Difference in the World by Being Different by Tullian Tchividjian. Check out this short video with the author:
Here's an excerpt from the foreward to the book by Tim Keller:
Here you will learn how we must contextualize, how we Christians should be as active in Hollywood, Wall Street, Greenwich Village, and Harvard Square (if not more) than the halls of Washington, DC. And yet, there are ringing calls to form a distinct, ‘thick’ Christian counter-culture as perhaps the ultimate witness to the presence of the future, the coming of the Kingdom.
What do you think? Is it time for Christians to look a bit more unfashionable in the world? Practically, what would this look like?
[You can pre-order a copy of Unfashionable here.]
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Mike Pohlman
- A Peru Mission Trip For the Hallowing of God's NameThursday, March 29, 2012
- The Gates of Hell Shall Not PrevailWednesday, March 28, 2012
- Facebook, the Church, and RealityFriday, January 28, 2011
- "Staggering the Moral Imagination"Thursday, January 13, 2011
- What are you addicted to? Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content