Court Bans Pro-Life Group from Releasing More Planned Parenthood Videos
Carrie DedrickReligious persecution, missions, Christianity around the world
- 2015 Jul 30
A Los Angeles court has issued a temporary restraining order against the pro-life group who released three controversial Planned Parenthood videos. According to the order, The Center for Medical Progress will not be permitted to release any more videos allegedly showing the company involved with the criminal activity of selling aborted baby organs.
The restraining order is in place until Aug. 19; there will be a hearing at that time.
Fox News reports the previously-released videos show Planned Parenthood officials and doctors discussing the sale of aborted baby parts and haggling over prices. The doctors were reportedly collaborating with StemExpress, a middleman company that procures human tissue to researchers.
The Center for Medical Progress project lead David Daleiden said StemExpress was using "meritless litigation" to hide the illegal trade of human tissue.
"The Center for Medical Progress follows all applicable laws in the course of our investigative journalism work," Daleiden said.
Planned Parenthood maintains that it acted legally; according to the company, it only donates tissue to research with the consent of patients. No money is made from the exchange, but the business is compensated for the transport of tissue.
Publication date: July 30, 2015