Americans are familiar with many human rights problems around the world. The death camps of
Christianity Today reports on the
The Eritrean government—while claiming that it allows freedom of religion—has stepped up its arrests of Christians this year after outlawing independent churches in 2002. Security forces have jailed at least 240 Christians this year.
Many of those arrested are held in metal shipping containers. Sweltering in the daytime and cold at night, the containers have no sanitation. Infectious diseases and diarrhea are common….
Last September the
Last week the New York Times reviewed I Didn’t Do It for You: How the World Betrayed a Small African Nation, a book that seeks to put this small forgotten country back on the map. The review, The Never-Ending Struggle Of a Forgotten Bit of Africa, provides a quite overview of
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Stephen McGarvey
- Israel Trip Day 1: Mediterranean SeaWednesday, March 18, 2009
- Israel Trip Day 1: Tel AvivWednesday, March 18, 2009
- Headed to Canaan’s LandSunday, March 15, 2009
- "Fireproof" Shouldn't be Critic ProofThursday, October 09, 2008
- What Do You Think? Can a Woman be a Good Mother AND a Good VP at the Same Time? Is it Wrong to Try?Monday, September 01, 2008
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content