This thought provoking piece from BreakPoint's Catherine Clare:
On Sunday evening I was driving to church around 4:00 and saw that I had a message from my brother to call him back. My brother, who also happens to be my pastor, had the tone of a man on a mission. He asked, “What are your plans for the evening?” I told him that I was planning on going to church and then heading to a Super Bowl party with some friends. Then came his question, “Will you forsake the Super Bowl for the Gospel...?”
A last-minute change in itinerary meant that a visiting Rwandan Anglican bishop and his wife needed picked up from the airport (coinciding with the Super Bowl—hence the question) and lodging for the night, as they traveled from Orlando to Dulles to depart early the next morning for Africa. Living near the airport, I was the perfect pick for such a job.
Read the full article on BreakPoint: Forsaking the Super Bowl for the Gospel: When God Sets the Table.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Stephen McGarvey
- Israel Trip Day 1: Mediterranean SeaWednesday, March 18, 2009
- Israel Trip Day 1: Tel AvivWednesday, March 18, 2009
- Headed to Canaan’s LandSunday, March 15, 2009
- "Fireproof" Shouldn't be Critic ProofThursday, October 09, 2008
- What Do You Think? Can a Woman be a Good Mother AND a Good VP at the Same Time? Is it Wrong to Try?Monday, September 01, 2008
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content