Biden's exit from the 1988 race is worth recalling in detail, because his transgressions far exceeded Obama's own relatively innocent lifting of rhetorical set pieces from his friend Deval Patrick, which occasioned a brief flap last February. Biden's misdeeds encompassed numerous self-aggrandizing thefts, misstatements, and exaggerations that seemed to point to a serious character defect...
The sheer number and extent of Biden's fibs, distortions, and plagiarisms struck many observers at the time as worrisome, to say the least. While a media feeding frenzy (a term popularized in the 1988 campaign) always creates an unseemly air of hysteria, Biden deserved the scrutiny he received. Quitting the race was the right thing to do.
Perhaps people don't care anymore, but Biden should be forced to address it at some point. Kudos to Greenberg and Slate for the reminder and analysis. Read the full article: The Write Stuff?
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Stephen McGarvey
- Israel Trip Day 1: Mediterranean SeaWednesday, March 18, 2009
- Israel Trip Day 1: Tel AvivWednesday, March 18, 2009
- Headed to Canaan’s LandSunday, March 15, 2009
- "Fireproof" Shouldn't be Critic ProofThursday, October 09, 2008
- What Do You Think? Can a Woman be a Good Mother AND a Good VP at the Same Time? Is it Wrong to Try?Monday, September 01, 2008
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content