Beware of the Door With Too Many Keys
- Chris Russell Pastor, Veritas Church
- 2015 27 Apr
While listening to an audiobook this morning, I heard the author quote an old Portuguese proverb: “Beware of the door with too many keys.” He was applying the proverb to a different subject, but it brought my mind to the simplicity of Christianity.
To elaborate a bit, you could look at that message delineated like this:
- We are all sinners. (Romans 3:23)
- There is a penalty for that sin. (Romans 6:23)
- Jesus paid the penalty for our sins. (Romans 5:8)
- Whoever will call on the Lord in faith will be rescued from that penalty. (Romans 10:9-10)
That’s it. Very simple.
False religions, on the other hand, tend to complicate and confuse. In light of that, I would say, “Beware of the door with too many keys.”
For more, visit Sensible Faith.