Growing Up—Part 2
Yesterday we began a list of ten areas in which Scripture says we should be growing. In today's devotional, I want to complete that list for you.
1. 1 Thessalonians 3:12 and 1 Thessalonians 4:9-10 teach us that we should grow in our love for others. I would hate to think that I have plumbed the depths of love for my wife, for my children, for my friends, or for God.
2. Ephesians 2:21 speaks to us of growing in unity. You and I ought to grow better and better at getting along with other believers, especially those in our church.
3. Luke 2:52 speaks of growing in wisdom. God is so anxious to provide you and me with His wisdom, but it is something we need to seek. Are you growing in wisdom?
4. Luke 2:52 also speaks of growing in favor. Are you obnoxious and hard to get along with? Do you find it difficult to get along with others? I challenge you, if that is true, to consider the model of Jesus for our lives. He grew in favor with both God and men.
5. 2 Peter 3:18 says that we can grow in grace. I don't know about you, but I am deeply grateful for God's grace in my life. And for those who extend me grace when I blow it. Is grace a hallmark of your life?
According to Scripture, these ten areas—the five from yesterday and the five today—are vital areas in which you and I are to grow. I challenge you to read each Scripture and take each area before the Lord and ask Him to reveal where you need to grow.
You will be amazed at the change for good that will come about in your life!
If you long for a deeper, more powerful relationship with the Lord, it is imperative that you become acquainted with the Holy Spirit. In this booklet, The Infilling of the Holy Spirit, Bayless Conley highlights what the Bible has to say about being filled with the Holy Spirit. Find out how you can experience this precious gift that will transform the life of any believer.
The Infilling of the Holy Spirit is our gift of appreciation for your donation to help Answers with Bayless Conley bring a living Jesus to our dying world.