In today's devotional I want to follow up on the passage we looked at yesterday, 1 Corinthians 7:7-9,
For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that. But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am; but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
What I want to focus on is verse 9, especially the part about burning with passion. There are way too many young Christians who are out of control in their physical relationship with the opposite sex.
So, mom or dad, here is something you can share with your kids in connection with relating to the opposite sex. Be prepared, I am going to be blunt.
1. Any body part they have that you don't have, don't touch it. Any equipment they have that you don't have, it is hands off!
2. Do not put any part of your body into any part of their body.
3. Do not get horizontal. Don't even sit on the couch watching TV, and lay down in one another's arms. If you do, you know where that can lead.
4. If you are going to kiss, let it be short and meaningful. Don't allow yourselves to get into a wrestling match. Again, it is hard to find the switch to turn it off once you get going.
5. Finally, let things like holding hands or putting your arm around your boyfriend or girlfriend actually be meaningful.
If you are single, apply these rules, and they could save you a lot of grief!
Visit the Answers with Bayless Conley website for more ways to connect with God.
Unleash the power of vision in your life!
In his message, ‘The Power of Vision,’ Bayless Conley uses the acrostic V-I-S-I-O-N to share what it means to discover and live out the vision God has for you. Request your copy when you give today!