Overcomers Will Be Blessed!
"He who overcomes. . . " -Revelation 3:5a, emphasis added
Today's devotional is a continuation of worshiping Jesus for His message!
True believers have incredible coverage: "He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My father and before His angels" (Revelation 3:5). The white garments speak of holiness, joy, and honor bestowed upon us by Jesus.
Believers have Christ as their Garment: "Put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts" (Romans 13:14). Believers have Christ as their Advocate:"But He . . . has an unchangeable priesthood. . . . He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them" (Hebrews 7:24-25). Believers also have Christ as their Relative: "And if children, then heirs-heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together" (Romans 8:17).
True believers have an inescapable destination: "He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name" (Revelation 3:12).
Believers will be a pillar because we are secure: "Let not your heart be troubled. . . . In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And . . . I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also" (John 14:1-3). We will never have to fear for our future!
Believers will also have a special name-because we are a love gift from the Father to the Son: "Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world" (John 17:24).
True believers have intimacy with God: "To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne" (Revelation 3:21). Intimacy is a promise: "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him" (John 14:21). Intimacy is a Person: "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent" (John 17:3). And intimacy is permanent: "He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son" (Revelation 21:7).
Jesus came to give, and to give more abundantly! Have you received what He offers? Are you worshiping Him as He deserves? Worship the message of Jesus because it challenges you to listen to Him. Look again at what He has to say to the seven churches in Revelation 2-3:
1. Ephesus: Worship the jealousy of Jesus because He challenges you to exalt Him to be all that you really love.
2. Smyrna: Worship the hope of Jesus because He challenges you to exalt Him to be all that you truly possess.
3. Pergamos: Worship the security of Jesus because He challenges you to exalt Him to be all that you cling to.
4. Thyatira: Worship the chastisement of Jesus because He challenges you to exalt Him to be all that you fear.
5. Sardis: Worship the riches of Jesus because He challenges you to exalt Him to be all that you value.
6. Philadelphia: Worship the approval of Jesus because He challenges you to exalt Him to be all that you enjoy.
7. Laodicea: Worship the request of Jesus as He tells us to repent of anything that keeps us from Him; He challenges you to exalt Him to be all that you need.
To find this message online, please click here.
For more from Discover the Book Ministries, please visit discoverthebook.org.