Each of us were built to a perfect and intricate set of plans, engineered by God Himself. Within every cell of our body is a set of those Divine Fingerprints called our DNA. The Human Genome is a wonder of precise engineering that laid down everything about your physical body.
So each one of us was perfectly designed by God for His glory. Who we are, where we were born, how we look, all of our imperfections and weaknesses, and countless other details are all part of God's marvelous design.
Each of us are the handiwork of God, like spiritual snowflakes, no two exactly alike. Each of us are like rare and precious jewels, no one is worthless or unimportant in God's plan.
Every child was especially designed by God for Divine Purposes. Your intellect, your giftedness, your abilities, and most of all who you are as a young man or a young woman are the strategic resources God has given you to serve and please Him.
Now comes the challenge. Parents, do you know what God wants from your sons as men and from your daughters as women? In some areas the Lord wants similar character for boys and girls, but in most areas, His plan for a young lady GREATLY DIFFERS from His plans for young men.
The Lord Almighty, God of the Universe has made men and women differently, with different qualities, different roles, and different purposes within His great plan. So, again I ask from God's Word -- Parents, do you know what God wants from your sons as men and from your daughters as women? As we walk through many passages in the Scriptures this morning we will see a portion of God's wondrous plan. And we will see anew and afresh that praying, teaching, and modeling the Word of God is the key to raising, nurturing, and launching children that please the Lord. We need to be learning how to pray for our children from the Scriptures.
We Must Pray for Reality in Their Spiritual Life:
- SEEING THEM GENUINELY SAVED.
- SEEING THEM LOVING GOD'S WORD.
- SEEING THEM LIVING IN VICTORY.
- SEEING THEM THINKING OF HEAVEN.
- SEEING THEM FINDING SIN REPULSIVE.
- SEEING THEM STAY TENDER TOWARD GOD.
We Must Pray for Integrity in Their Personal Life:
- SEEING THEM MAINTAINING A CLEAR CONSCIENCE.
- SEEING THEM LEARNING TO STAND ALONE.
- SEEING THEM SEEKING TO STAY PURE.
- SEEING THEM CULTIVATING A SERVANT'S HEART.
- PERSONAL INTEGRITY MEANS SEEING THEM NEVER BECOMING BITTER IN TRIALS.
We Must Pray for Stability in Their Relational Life:
- RELATIONAL STABILITY MEANS SEEING THEM CULTIVATING A LOVE FOR THEIR BROTHERS AND SISTERS.
- RELATIONAL STABILITY MEANS SEEING THEM LEARNING TO TRUST GOD WITH HARD SITUATIONS AND NOT TO REBEL.
- RELATIONAL STABILITY MEANS SEEING THEM EACH LOVING THE WAY GOD MADE THEM AS MEN AND WOMEN.
Psalm 139:13-18 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. 14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. 15 My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them. 17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! 18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake, I am still with You. (NKJV)
For more from Discover the Book Ministries, please visit discoverthebook.org.