Satan's Plan Extinguished
Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil.
-Hebrews 2:14, emphasis added
How will Satan's masterful plan be extinguished? This is how. When the true church exits, the wheat and the chaff will be separated--the true bride of Jesus will be with Him in heaven while the false church remains on earth!
What is our hope as believers in Christ? We, like those converted during the Tribulation's horrors, are those whose names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life. Revelation 13:8 sums it up: All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
You see, those who are in the Lamb's Book of Life will never worship the beast. Instead, we will joyfully witness of our faith in Christ. Look at Revelation 17:8: "The beast that you saw was, and is not, and will ascend out of the bottomless pit and go to perdition. And those who dwell on the earth will marvel, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet is."
There are six glorious elements describing those whose names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life:
1. They are victorious ones because they are overcomers: "He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and . . . I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels" (Revelation 3:5).
2. They are joyful witnesses because they are secure: Help these women who labored with me in the gospel . . . and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the Book of Life (Philippians 4:3).
3. They are newborn ones because it is the Book of Life: Anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:15).
4. They are blood-bought ones because it is the Book of the Lamb that was slain: There shall by no means enter in anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life (Revelation 21:27).
5. They are glorified ones because they can enter the heavenly city:Those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life (Revelation 21:27).
6. They are the before-known ones because the Book of Life was written before the foundation of the world: In the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world (Revelation 13:8).
Are you worshiping our Lord who has called you--and chosen you--the One to whom you should be faithful all your days?
Make a choice to live in hope: If you are a member of the true bride of Jesus, God has loved you with an everlasting love! With loving kindness He has drawn you to himself. He chose you in Christ before the foundation of the world that you should be holy and blameless before Him. Because you have been called and chosen, be faithful to Him-as a pure bride for her husband. You can choose to live in hope in these end times by rejoicing that your name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life. Rejoice that you will never be plucked out of your Father's hand! Rejoice that you have been sealed by the Holy Spirit and will never be deceived from your faith and hope and joy in Christ! Rejoice that you are thus eternally secure!
To find this message online, please click here.
For more from Discover the Book Ministries, please visit discoverthebook.org.