Marriages Empowered By Prayer
How to Parent Through Prayer
Has the God of the Universe marked the pathway we need to stay on for raising our children? The good news is that He has. And in the map book called God's Word is a clearly marked trail for Parenting and grand parenting our Families in Godliness.
By now we are all asking the same thing aren’t we?
· How could we ever do anything of this magnitude?
· How can we penetrate the lives of our children with these truths?
· How can we see God unleashed in their lives?
· How can we every day be actively using God's Word and seeing it touch those children and grandchildren we love so much?
The answer is in the most powerful tool in the arsenal of weaponry to win spiritual battles that God has given us. And parenting, and grand parenting is a spiritual battle, right? We will conclude our look at Parenting in Godliness with the key to raising, nurturing, and launching children that please the Lord as we learn How to Pray for our children.
When Jesus left Earth and went back to heaven, what did those who were closest to Him remember about Him? Remember, imitation is the highest form of compliment.
· What did they imitate from His life? Check Acts 6:4!
· What as it about Him they couldn’t get along without? Prayer, of course.
· What do we need to do the most for our family? Pray, of course.
· 1 Samuel 12:23 "Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you; but I will teach you the good and the right way. (NKJV)
· Galatians 4:19 My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you,
· Ephesians 6:18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints -- (NKJV) And what are we watching for? God answering those prayers!
· Colossians 4:12 Epaphras, who is one of you, a bondservant of Christ, greets you, always laboring fervently for you in prayers, that you may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.
We Must Pray for Their Spiritual Life:
- To see them genuinely SAVED.
· 1 Timothy 2:4 who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. (NIV)
- To see them loving God's Word.
· Job 23:12 I have not departed from the commandment of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary [food.] (NKJV)
· Psalm 119:97, 165 Oh, how I love Your law! It [is] my meditation all the day. 165 Great peace have those who love Your law, And nothing causes them to stumble. (NKJV)
· Jeremiah 15:16 Your words were found, and I ate them, And Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; For I am called by Your name, O LORD God of hosts. (NKJV)
- To see them living IN VICTORY.
· John 8:36 "Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed. (NKJV)
· John 17:15 "I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. (NKJV)
· 1 John 4:4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. (NKJV)
- To see them thinking of Heaven.
· 2 Corinthians 4:16-17 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, (NKJV)
· Colossians 3:1-2 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
· 1 Thessalonians 2:19-20 For what [is] our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? [Is it] not even you in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming? 20 For you are our glory and joy. (NKJV)
· 1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. (NKJV) [Funerals, mansions, ancient sites, tuts treasures]
- To see them FINDING SIN REPULSIVE.
· Proverbs 20:17 Bread gained by deceit is sweet to a man, But afterward his mouth will be filled with gravel.
· Luke 15:17-18 "But when he came to himself, he said, 'How many of my father's hired servants have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! 18 'I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you, (NKJV)
· Hebrews 11:25 choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin, (NKJV)
- To see them stay TENDER TOWARD GOD.
· Psalm 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart -- These, O God, You will not despise. (NKJV) Invitations, Christian service, others needs...
We Must Pray for Their Personal Life:
1. To see them MAINTAINING A CLEAR CONSCIENCE.
2. To see them learning to STAND ALONE
3. To see them seeking to STAY PURE.
4. TO SEE THEM KEEP A SERVANT’S HEART.
5. To see them NEVER BECOMING BITTER IN TRIALS.
We Must Pray for Their Family Life:
1. To see them cultivating a LOVE for their BROTHERS AND SISTERS.
2. To see them learning to TRUST GOD WITH hard situations AND NOT to REBEL.
3. To see them each loving the way God made them as men and women.
4. To see them waiting to MEET GOD’S CHOSEN LIFE PARTNER for them.
We Must Pray for Their Ministry Life:
1. To see them CHOOSING to NOT LOVE MONEY.
2. To see them choosing a life of PERSONALLY KNOWING, SERVING, LOVING and OBEYING the Lord.