God's Chosen People of Promise
As we approach God's Word we know that God has clearly and simply laid out His Word for us to know and live confidently for Him. Among the most fundamental truths in the Scriptures is contained in God's eternal plan for His chosen people of promise the Jews and His nation Israel.
No matter what your background has been in understanding the Bible there are three markers plainly seen in God's Word:
- God makes an eternal covenant promise to Abraham and his descendants the Israelites, or Jewish people—making them the Chosen People of Promise in Genesis 12.
- God explains through Paul, that the root is Israel onto which the church has been grafted, but not to the displacement or replacement of Israel in Romans 9-11.
- God describes through everyone who sees the end of the world (Jesus, Paul, John, Ezekiel, Daniel, Zechariah, and so on)—the same scenario. All describe Israel, Judea, Jerusalem, and the Jewish people as the main geography and central characters in the end of the world return of Jesus Christ know as the Second Coming.
So all we can say is that if you believe in Christ's Second Coming, the Bible describes Him as coming to save the nation of Israel, and Jewish people from extinction to keep His Word to Abraham and us in the Scriptures.
God's Chosen People of Destiny
As we open to Genesis 12, the history of our Salvation is inextricably bound up in the history of God's Chosen People of Destiny the Jews. That is why many years ago, when a great Bible conference speaker was asked to prove the inspiration of Scripture in one sentence, he replied: I'll do it in one word - Jews.
One nation on Earth was picked by God to be:
· His bearers of Truth
· His Begetters of the Line of Messiah
· His Blessing to All Nations - ISRAEL.
The Jewish People are God's People; and the Jewish Custom's are God's Shadow of things even yet to come.
Israel and the Miracle of God's work in and through them is the final key to God's Prophetic Roadmap for the FUTURE.
The Lord has claimed that He ALONE can declare the future.
"I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done" (Isaiah 46:9-10).
"We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed" (2 Peter 1:19).
What happens to ISRAEL has been ordained by God, and we need to be careful to understand from the past dealings of God with the Jews to realize in the future that He is still at work! First we must see that God has chosen the Jews as His people, and God has chosen the Land of Canaan (not Palestine) as His Land; and God has Chosen the Destiny of the Nation of Israel as His Destined Plan for His Destined People. The Jews, the Land of Israel, and the Nation Israel are a Chosen People of Destiny.
For more resources from Dr. John Barnett visit our website at www.DiscoverTheBook.org