"There are three things extremely hard: steel, a diamond, and to know one's self." —Benjamin Franklin
- Performance flesh: The hard worker. Well-adjusted, aggressive, outgoing, positive, motivated, driven, take charge kind of person. Their motto is “Just do it,” and they often run over others to get stuff done.
- Religious flesh: The “Good Christian.” Passive, nice, sweet, obedient, dutiful, pious, sanctimonious. With a motto of “What would Jesus do?”, they are often legalistic and judgmental because other people don’t match their own religious achievements.
- Superior flesh: The “snob,” outwardly proud, defensive, conceited, know-it-all. They look down on other people because they’re not as bright or as wise as they are. Their motto is, “Nobody does it better.”
- Comfort flesh: The laid-back easy-going person, cautious, indecisive, unmotivated, and avoids conflict like the plague. Their motto is, “That’s not my job, someone else will take care of it.”
- Victim flesh: Negative, complaining, defeated, self-pitying. Their motto is “the world hates me.” They are often unforgiving and blaming.
- Caretaker flesh: The enabler, rescuer, fixer. Often obsessive, nagging, overly responsible, overly protective. Their motto is, “Look at all I’ve done for you.” They long to be needed.
- Pleaser flesh: The nice guy. Compliant, submissive, compromising, selfneglecting. Has a hard time saying no and says yes to too much in order to feel accepted. Their motto is, “I did it for love.”
- Indulgent flesh: The compulsive person. Obsessive, easy addicted, insatiable, thrill seeker, pleasure seeker. Their motto is, “If it feels good, do it.”
- Hostile flesh: The abusive antisocial person. Angry, domineering, vengeful, quick tempered, hateful. Their motto is, “Do unto others before they do unto you.” Their desire is to dominate and control, often to protect themselves.
Listen to Pete, Jill & Stuart Briscoe on the Telling the Truth broadcast at OnePlace.com
Jesus told him that God had already taken care of that. All it takes is being changed by Him!
To know more about experiencing that for yourself, request your DVD or CD copy of Pete’s 3-message series, Changed by Christ.
It’s yours as our “thank-you” for your gift in support of God’s life-changing work through Telling the Truth this month. We pray it’s a great blessing to you… and will help you experience God’s love and Life!