Today's reading: 2 Samuel 10:1-19
While our passage for today continues to show us David's good and kind heart, it was young king Hanun who drew my attention. His foolish thinking and behavior and what came about as a result, puts before us a number of lessons. As I took in the scenario, here are some of the things I considered and noted:
- Who we choose as friends and advisors is critical. Surrounding ourselves with wise, godly people is a must.
- When we're unsure about a circumstance, and particularly someone's motivation, it's important that we assess the facts of the situation before responding.
- Our responses to others shouldn't be demeaning or degrading.
- It's better to admit we've made a mistake, than get into a fight over our foolish or wrong actions.
- Fear is powerful, and can cloud and distort our judgment and thinking.
Powered by 4 is all about engaging God's Word and living it out--in community. So if it's encouragement you want or motivation you need, join the discussion on the P4 Blog--a place to weigh in on the daily scripture as well as share thoughts & questions.