May 20, 2008
Give ear, O my people, to my teaching… tell to the coming generation the glorious deeds of the Lord, and his might, and the wonders that he has done.
--Psalm 78:1, 4
The family today is under attack like it never has been before. If you’re a parent, I strongly encourage you to be diligent in imparting a solid faith in Christ to your spouse and children.
As you build your home on the foundation of the Word of God, your children will grow in their own commitment to Christ. They will also be well equipped for their future life and become effective at leading others to the Lord.
If you want to pass along your faith to your children, then:
• Work to build a strong, healthy Christian marriage,
• Devote yourself to being a godly parent, and
• Train your children in Christian discipleship.
Then continue to make disciples of your children by giving them:
• Unconditional love, encouragement and praise,
• A genuine godly example to follow, and
• Godly leadership, discipline and wisdom.
Parents, God has called you to pass along your faith to your family. Make this one of your highest priorities!
BEFORE WE CAN INFLUENCE OUR CULTURE FOR CHRIST,
WE MUST LIVE OUT OUR FAITH IN OUR OWN HOMES.