Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
America is in danger of losing an entire generation of young people. Why? I believe it’s because of a lack of male leadership in the home.
There is a war against the family with high stakes. And the key to winning this war is leadership. We need men to enlist in the war on the family.
Now, if you are a dad, I know you’re probably willing to lay down your life for your children.
But my question to you is this: Are you willing to live for your family? Are you willing to sacrifice your life now for your children?
What our children need today is men of spiritual quality who are devoted to their families… real men who raise their children both with strength and sensitivity, and who are in tune with their children’s needs.
Here are a few ways to do this…
• Give your child enough freedom to enjoy life without being overprotective.
• Don’t show favoritism or compare your children to each other.
• Offer encouragement, not discouragement.
• Don’t force your child to be something he or she is not.
• Spend time with your children. Show them you love them.
• Never, ever be cruel.
• Raise your children with strong spiritual direction. That means we’re to provide protection, correction, and instruction.
As dads, you and I should have a passion for excellence in parenting. We have the responsibility to bring our children up with the training and admonition of the Lord. They need to know about rewards and consequences. But we also need to nourish them and provide tender care.
Children need dads who are kind, who show appreciation and affirmation, who are sensitive to feelings, and who are not afraid to say, “I’m sorry.” They need dads who will teach them the rules, regulations, and provide a moral compass.
Dad, are you the leader of your house? Are you God’s man in your home?
DADS, ARE YOU WILLING TO LIVE FOR YOUR FAMILY? ARE YOU WILLING TO SACRIFICE YOUR LIFE NOW FOR YOUR CHILDREN?