Jacob dies; then Joseph lives to be 110 years old.
God's will is often fulfilled in strange ways. Joseph was given childhood dreams indicating he would rule over his brothers. Little could Joseph have imagined it would include their trying to kill him, his spending time in prison, and his ruling over the nation of Egypt.
That time and those experiences were needed to build into Joseph the character qualities and the wisdom needed to rule successfully. Never doubt in the dark what God shows you in the light.
· As we praise the Lord in the words of this psalm, focus on His sovereignty and goodness:
O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.
So I have looked for You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory
· Now pray this confession to the Lord:
You, my God, are wise in heart and mighty in strength,
Who has hardened himself against You and prospered? (based on Job 9:4).
I will return to the Lord;
For You have torn me, but You will heal me;
You have stricken, but You will bind me up.
After two days You will revive me;
On the third day You will raise me up,
That I may live in Your sight
(based on Hosea 6:1-2).
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind, affirming the truth of God's Word:
The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs -- heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together (Romans 8:16-17).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater personal discipline,
· Christians worldwide who are persecuted for their faith,
· the concerns of your heart.
· Offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen (1 Timothy 6:15-16).