God establishes a unilateral covenant with Abraham.
The opposite of obedience is unbelief; the essence of obedience is belief. If you truly believe God is totally good and all powerful, if you truly believe He always acts for His children's benefit, you will obey whatever He asks of you. It is when you doubt these truths that obedience to the Lord becomes difficult.
Are you struggling with obedience in an area of your life? Perhaps there is something in the Scriptures you do not truly believe. Search your life, and in the tradition of the disciples, ask the Lord to increase your faith (Luke 17:5).
· In faith and obedience, offer to the Lord the praise of your lips:
Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel,
Who only does wondrous things!
And blessed be His glorious name forever!
And let the whole earth be filled with His
glory (Psalms 72:18-19).
· Now pray this confession to the Lord to keep your life free from sin and in fellowship with Him:
All we like sheep have gone astray;
We have turned, every one, to his own way;
And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity
of us all (Isaiah 53:6).
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. As you agree with God's will, voice your affirmation of His Word:
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new
(2 Corinthians 5:17).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater love for the lost,
· the work of missions in Africa,
· the concerns of your heart.
· Offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
Great is our Lord, and mighty in power;
His understanding is infinite.
The Lord lifts up the humble;
He casts the wicked down to the ground
The Lord will command His lovingkindness
in the daytime,
And in the night His song shall be with me