Ruth and Naomi return to Bethlehem in hopes of fostering a livelihood.
When Boaz, a noble and godly man, hears of Ruth's noble and godly actions, he is moved with appreciation for the kind of person she is.
When he finds her gleaning in his fields, he bestows kindnesses on her. Ruth asks why he should take notice of her since she is a foreigner. Boaz replies that it is because of all that she has done for Naomi. The way we live our everyday lives communicates a "life message" to others. When we live for the Lord, that message is a beacon of light to others.
· Praise the Lord for His sovereignty and for the fact that He works His will regardless of the failures of His children:
Praise the Lord!
Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.
Who can utter the mighty acts of the Lord?
Who can declare all His praise?
Blessed are those who keep justice,
And he who does righteousness at all times!
Blessed be the Lord God of Israel
From everlasting to everlasting!
And let all the people say, "Amen!"
Praise the Lord! (Psalms 106:1-3).
· Pause for praise and thanksgiving. Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Make me to hear joy and gladness,
That the bones You have broken may rejoice.
Hide Your face from my sins,
And blot out all my iniquities
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him" (John 14:23).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· the renewing of your mind,
· the needs of your extended family,
· whatever else is on your heart.
· Offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
Bless the Lord, all you His hosts,
You ministers of His, who do His pleasure.
Bless the Lord, all His works,
In all places of His dominion.
Bless the Lord, O my soul!