God miraculously parts the Jordan River for the people of Israel to cross over.
There are two times in history when God parts water for the Israelites-once at the Red Sea as they flee from the Egyptian army and again at the Jordan River as they enter the Promised Land.
The Red Sea experience receives more acclaim, but the Jordan River experience is just as miraculous. The water parts for a distance of almost 20 miles as the nation passes over on dry ground during the flood stage.
God is faithful to accomplish His good purposes for His people.
· Offer your praise to the Lord for His goodness to all generations of those who love Him:
Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!
Sing to the Lord, all the earth.
Sing to the Lord, bless His name;
Proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day.
Declare His glory among the nations,
His wonders among all peoples.
For the Lord is great and greatly to be praised;
He is to be feared above all gods
· Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me. . . .
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners shall be converted to You
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord, who has been good to you:
You did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father" (Romans 8:15).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater insight into the meaning of Scripture,
· the hungry around the world,
· your activities for the day.
· Finally, offer this closing prayer to the Lord who is goodness in Himself, and therefore the standard of goodness for all His creatures:
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord