Details of Our Lives | Ezekiel 40:3-4
"He took me there, and I saw a man whose appearance was like bronze; he was standing in the gateway with a linen cord and a measuring rod in his hand. The man said to me, "Son of man, look carefully and listen closely and pay attention to everything I am going to show you, for that is why you have been brought here. Tell the people of Israel everything you see."
Ezekiel saw the restoration of the temple. The vision was given to him in detail. The man God introduced to Ezekiel “was standing in the gateway with a linen cord and measuring rod in his hand.” The rest of the prophesy details the width and length of the walls, gates, courts, rooms, and even the ovens and kitchens of the temple. When I read these chapters, I am always amazed at how specific God gets.
God is a God of immensity! He sees all the earth and everything on it. At the same time, God is a God of great detail. He cares that the jambs of the portico gateway are two cubits thick (Ezekiel 40:8). And…He cares about the details of our lives.
- He cares that you are having a good day…or a bad one.
- He cares about your disappointments…even the ones brought on by trivial stuff.
- He knows that you got soaked in His downpour (as I did a few minutes ago).
- He is concerned about your present spiritual drought.
- He cares about the things that make you sad…and enters your pain.
- He cares about the things that cause you to laugh…and laughs with you.
- He is involved in the minutes and seconds of your life. He uses them in His sovereign plan for you.
- He is not absent as your heart is breaking.
- He smiles as it beats for joy.
Someone has said that the Devil is in the details. Not true…God is. And when He is present, the Devil gets out of the way.
Father, thank You for caring about the details of my life. Thank You for using the details for my spiritual formation. In Jesus’ name. Amen.