Esther - Lesson Four - Day 2
- Thomas Klock Harvest Ministries
- 2008 8 Feb
DAY TWO: A Cry for Help
Please carefully read Esther 4:5-8 and answer the following questions.
1. Esther had to find out what was going on. Since she couldn’t leave the palace, she sent a trusted eunuch named Hathach to convey a message to Mordecai. Interestingly, the name Hathach means a gift, and his unwitting involvement in the deliverance of the Jews was truly a gift to them![iv] What did Mordecai tell him was going on (v. 7)?
2. What else did Mordecai give to Hathach to explain to Esther (v. 8a)?
3. What was Mordecai’s hope that she would do to help save the people (v. 8b)?
4. Mordecai commanded (urged, niv) via Hathach that Esther should go to Ahasuerus, supplicating (to implore, seek mercy like a weaker person from a stronger one)[v] and pleading that he would save their people. What a blessing we have as Christians that we have direct access to God, and a far superior Intercessor to help us in our prayers! What are some ways God assists in our very prayers to Him according to the following passages, especially when we are weak and struggling?
Romans 8:26, 27
Scripture Memory: Try to fill in the missing words in the blanks below, by memory if at all possible, and then review the passage several times today.
For if you remain completely _____________________ at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father's house will ____________________. Yet who knows whether you have come to the ________________________________ for such a time as this? Esther 4:14, nkjv
Click here for Day Three
© 2005 by Harvest Christian Fellowship. All rights reserved. Written by Thomas Klock for Men’s Bible Fellowship, 2004-2005. www.Harvest.org