Esther-Lesson Nine - Day 3
- Thomas Klock Harvest Ministries
- 2008 12 Feb
DAY THREE: A Finishing Touch
Please carefully read Esther 9:11—13 and answer the following questions.
1. What information was the king given at the end of that day (v. 11)?
2. How did Ahasuerus report this to Esther, and somewhat surprisingly ask her (v. 13)?
3. What two things did Esther request of the king to put the finishing touches on this victory (v. 14)?
NOTE: Of course, verse 13 meant that Esther wanted the bodies of the dead sons (nlt) of Haman to hang on that same gallows designed for her uncle, to set a warning for all who would seek to rebel against the king.[vii] The same fate had happened to
4. We might wonder why Ahasuerus would ask Esther at that point what else her request was, but perhaps he too had gained new respect for this brave woman, and wanted to make sure that all those responsible for this threat against her people were fully dealt with. Esther reflected the qualities of a virtuous woman. Read Proverbs 31:10—12, 17, 25, 26, 30, 31, and record what you learn about a virtuous woman, and how this was seen in Esther’s life.
Scripture Memory: Try to fill in the missing words in the blanks below, by memory if at all possible, and then review the passage several times today.
Now in the twelfth month, that is, the month of Adar, on the thirteenth day, the _________________ came for the king's command and his ________________ to be executed. On the day that the ________________________ of the Jews had hoped to ________________________ them, the _______________________ occurred, in that the ______________ themselves overpowered those who _________________ them (Esther 9:1, nkjv).
© 2005 by Harvest Christian Fellowship. All rights reserved. Written by Thomas Klock for Men’s Bible Fellowship, 2004-2005.