Studying Your Bible
- Friday, August 01, 2014
Over the last few months I have had hundreds of you request a post on “How to Study The Bible.” Well, here it is. I pray this post blesses you, challenges you, and inspires you to take the initiative to deepen your relationship with God.
Below is the formula I use when studying and journaling through the scriptures. This doesn’t mean it’s the only way to study, but I do believe this formula is a great way to strengthen your foundation in Christ.
3. Audience (who is the text directed to?)
1. How does it affect me?
2. How does it make me feel?
3. In what ways do I share a similar experience?
1. What did I learn?
2. How can it be applied to my life?
3. What is God trying to tell me through this text?
Recently on Bible Study
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content