Top 10 Qualities to Look For in a Wife
- Friday, September 28, 2007
1. So smart she constantly freaks you out with her humongous Absorb-O-Brain.
Upside: Hanging around with a smart person makes you smarter. Up to a point, of course. But still.
Downside: Smart people remember everything. Pretty mixed blessing.
2. So wise she makes Confucius look like Goober Pyle.
Upside: Your own private oracle!
Downside: Wise people are extremely good at anticipating the outcome of things that slightly less wise people do. Not entirely gratifying.
3. So heart-stoppingly gorgeous that just looking at her wipes every thought out of your head.
Upside: Constant aesthetic revelation.
Downside: It’s rude to stare.
4. So compassionate she regularly makes you feel like Ivan the Terrible.
Upside: Constantly getting to see the highest aspect of human nature in action.
Downside: Basically stuck having to do the right thing all the time seriously cuts into TV-watching time. Not to mention savings account.
5. So funny you can barely stand it.
Upside: Never-ending yuks!
Downside: Getting all the jokes means really paying attention, always. Worth it -- but still.
6. An indefatigable worker.
Upside: Stuff gets done.
Downside: Guilt interferes with naps.
7. The greatest artist you know you’ll ever meet.
Upside: (Relatively) free art!
Downside: A wife who’s driven by stuff you can’t even begin to understand.
8. Shares your spiritual values.
Upside: The regular achieving of deep and mutual spiritual experience simultaneously realized.
9. Sure that the highest human prize available in this life is a good marriage.
Upside: Willing to work to achieve a great relationship.
Downside: Willing to make you work to achieve a great relationship.
10. Absolutely without agenda or ambition for you beyond that you’re happy.
Upside: No nagging! Ever.
Downside: You have to decide what really makes you happy. Much trickier than you might think.
So remember, guys. To ensure a happy, long-lasting marriage, all you have to do is marry a woman who is smart, wise, beautiful, compassionate, funny, hard-working, aesthetically inspired, spiritual, passionately desirous of a good marriage, and has virtually no “ambitions” for you beyond that you’re happy.
That's what I did, anyway.
Lucky, lucky me.
Recently on Men
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content