Inspiration is subjective, as different people will find different things to be inspiring. However, Christians can unite around one inspirational source—God himself. God is the basis for all of our inspiration because He is the basis for everything good and everything worth imitating.
Here, are 30 quotes from a variety of influential Christians that inspire us and point us back to Christ. Enjoy these many different thoughts on the Christian life.
1. “Life is wasted if we do not grasp the glory of the cross, cherish it for the treasure that it is, and cleave to it as the highest price of every pleasure and the deepest comfort in every pain. What was once foolishness to us—a crucified God—must become our wisdom and our power and our only boast in this world.” –John Piper
2. “God loves each of us as if there were only one of us”- Augustine
3. “God never said that the journey would be easy, but He did say that the arrival would be worthwhile” – Max Lucado
4. “God’s work done in God’s way will never lack God’s supplies.” –Hudson Taylor
5. “God will meet you where you are in order to take you where He wants you to go.” –Tony Evans
6. “Let God’s promises shine on your problems.” –Corrie ten Boom
7. “Christ literally walked in our shoes.” –Tim Keller
8. "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose." –Jim Elliot
9. “Remember who you are. Don’t compromise for anyone, for any reason. You are a child of the Almighty God. Live that truth.” –Lysa Terkeurst
10. “If you can’t fly, then run, If you can’t run, then walk, If you can’t walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” –Martin Luther King Jr.
11. “Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.” –Francis Chan
12. "If God is your partner, make your plans BIG!" –D.L. Moody
13. “You are the only Bible some unbelievers will ever read.” –John MacArthur
14. “We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face...we must do that which we think we cannot." –Eleanor Roosevelt
15. “He who lays up treasures on earth spends his life backing away from his treasures. To him, death is loss. He who lays up treasures in heaven looks forward to eternity; he’s moving daily toward his treasures. To him, death is gain.” –Randy Alcorn
16. “God does not give us everything we want, but He does fulfill His promises, leading us along the best and straightest paths to Himself.” –Dietrich Bonhoeffer
17. “The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, 'O God, forgive me,' or 'Help me.'” –Billy Graham
18. “Always, everywhere God is present, and always He seeks to discover Himself to each one” –A.W.Tozer
19. "If you believe in a God who controls the big things, you have to believe in a God who controls the little things. It is we, of course, to whom things look 'little' or 'big'." –Elisabeth Elliot
20. “There is no one who is insignificant in the purpose of God.” –Alistair Begg
21. "Relying on God has to start all over everyday, as if nothing has yet been done." –C. S. Lewis
22. “This is our time on the history line of God. This is it. What will we do with the one deep exhale of God on this earth? For we are but a vapor and we have to make it count. We’re on. Direct us, Lord, and get us on our feet.” –Beth Moore
23. "The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time." –Abraham Lincoln
24. “Your potential is the sum of all the possibilities God has for your life.” –Charles Stanley
25. "The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart." –Helen Keller
26. “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.” –Chuck Swindoll
27. “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.” –Mother Teresa
28. “The greater your knowledge of the goodness and grace of God on your life, the more likely you are to praise Him in the storm.” –Matt Chandler
29. "Continuous effort -- not strength nor intelligence -- is the key to unlocking our potential." –Winston Churchill
30. “God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him” –John Piper
Everything You Do in Life Should be for the Glory of God
How to Live the Life God Asks You To
God, is My Life Pleasing to You?
How to be Confident in God
Why Jesus is the Best Treasure You Have
Publication date: December 14, 2016
This article is part of our larger Inspiring Quotes resource meant to encourage strengthen your faith. Visit our most popular quotes by well known Christians and theologians to find more inspiration. Remember, the Holy Spirit can work through us when we increase our faith and share it with us! Please pass along any quotes that touch your heart because you never know light you can shine on someone else’s dark day!
Prayer Quotes - Inspiring and Encouraging!
Thanksgiving Quotes - Experience Gratitude!
30 Inspiring Christian Quotes
God’s Love Quotes
Dr Martin Luther King Jr Quotes
Dietrich Bonhoeffer Quotes
Charles Spurgeon Quotes
Billy Graham Quotes
Corrie Ten Boom Quotes