Can Learning Disabilities Be Mitigated?
- Friday, September 20, 2013
Play much outside in the sunshine, without sun block on for part of the time.
If the child has hypotonia (low muscle tone), research the information on the role that Vitamin D plays in this condition. It is fascinating.
Consider giving emulsified, flavored cod liver oil to any child with speech delay or articulation issues, sensory processing issues, or difficulty sitting still. This has worked for hundreds of years with children. We have just forgotten the importance of this food in our children’s diets.
This information is not intended as medical advice. Everyone is encouraged to make their own health care decisions, with advice from qualified professionals.
1. Dianne Craft, MA, CNHP, Brain Integration Therapy Manual.
2. Dr. Jacqueline Stordy, Ph.D., The LCP Solution for Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and ADHD.
3. Mary Ann Block, D.O., No More Ritalin.
4. Leo Galland, M.D., Superimmunity for Kids.
5. William Crook, M.D., Help for the Hyperactive Child.
6. “Fish Oil Supplements for Pregnant Moms Boosts Kids’ Eye/Hand Coordination and Learning,” Science Daily, June 29, 2012. www.sciencedaily.com.
7. “Giving DHA Supplements to Pregnant Mothers,” Science Daily, May 1, 2010. www.sciencedaily.com.
8. Michael Holick, M.D., The Vitamin D Solution.
Dianne Craft has a master’s degree in learning disabilities. She speaks widelyat homeschool conventions across the country. Her books, Brain Integration Therapy Manual, Right Brain Phonics Program, and her DVDs, Understanding & Helping the Struggling Learner, Teaching the Right Brain Child, Smart Kids—Who Hate to Write, and The Biology of Behavior have helped hundreds of families remove learning blocks in their struggling children at home. Visit her website, www.diannecraft.org, for many articles on children and learning and to download her free Daily Lesson Plans for the Struggling Reader and Writer.
Copyright, 2012. Used with permission. All rights reserved by author. Originally appeared in The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine, the family education magazine, October 2012. Read the magazine free at www.TOSMagazine.com or read it on the go and download the free apps at www.TOSApps.com to read the magazine on your mobile devices.
Publication date: September 20, 2013
Recently on Resources
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content