Planning Your Preaching--Survey
Dr. Ray PritchardDr. Ray Pritchard is the president of Keep Believing Ministries, in Internet-based ministry serving Christians in 225 countries. He is the author of 29 books, including Stealth Attack, Fire and Rain, Credo, The ABCs of Christmas, The Healing Power of Forgiveness, An Anchor for the Soul and Why Did This Happen to Me? Ray and Marlene, his wife of 43 years, have three sons-Josh, Mark and Nick, three daughters-in-law--Leah, Vanessa, and Sarah, and seven grandchildren. His hobbies include biking, surfing the Internet, and anything related to the Civil War.
- 2007 Jan 03
Next week I'm one of the speakers at a conference on Planning Your Preaching sponsored by the Olford Center for Biblical Preaching in Memphis. It occurred to me that this is a vital topic that pastors rarely talk about. So I thought I'd ask for some help from readers of this weblog. These questions are for present or former preachers and pastors.
1) How far in advance do you plan your preaching?
2) What factors do you consider when setting up your preaching calendar?
3) What is the longest sermon series you've ever preached?
4) What value do you see in planning your preaching?
5) What input do you get from others in planning your preaching?
6) Describe your preaching plan for 2007.
Thanks in advance. Answer briefly or in detail. Whatever works for you will be a great help to me.
Click on Commentsto give your answers to these questions.
You can reach the author at email@example.com. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email sermon.