Twenty-five Affirmations About God's Will
Like most pastors I spend a fair amount of time talking with people who are trying to discover God's will for their lives. It's been my experience that most people I talk to are sincere and truly want to do God's will if only they could figure out what it is. And most people realize there is no easy answer to the question, "What does God want me to do?" But there are principles that can help us discern God's hand in the midst of confusing circumstances. Listed in no particular order, here are 25 affirmations that may help you sort things out.
1. God's will is more like a sunrise than a sunburst.
2. It is also like a blueprint that unrolls a bit at a time.
3. God often speaks through the advice of wise Christian friends.
4. Dreams and visions can happen today, but don't feel bad if you don't have one.
5. God's will never contradicts God's Word.
6. When you are under pressure, slow down and wait on the Lord.
7. God gives us enough light to take the next step.
8. God normally doesn't show us the future in advance.
9. God's will is more about who you are than where you are.
10. If you want to know God's will, get to know God better.
11. Pray for guidance, but don't tell God how to answer your prayers.
12. Beware of putting out a fleece. It can be misleading.
13. You don't have to have 100% certainty before making a decision.
14. You don't need to understand everything in advance.
15. Just because you don't know where you are doesn't mean you're really lost.
16. It's not a sin to be confused.
17. If you want to discover God's will tomorrow, make sure you do God's will today.
18. When you need to know, you'll know..
19. The reason you don't know now is because you don't need to know now.
20. Don't make deals with God. He's not the bargaining kind.
21. Tell God you are willing to do his will.
21. If you aren't willing, tell him you're willing to be made willing.
23. Remember that he's God and you're not.
24. God's will is a journey, not a destination.
25. You won't be home until you finally get to heaven.
To sign up for Pastor Ray's free weekly sermon email list, click here. You can find his daily weblog, online sermons, travel schedule, and other resources at www.keepbelieving.com. You can write Pastor Ray at firstname.lastname@example.org.