Where's the Love?
Laura MacCorkle Laura MacCorkle's Weblog
- 2008 Feb 14
Diamonds, chocolates, flowers, cards … they’re so overrated. (Ahem.) So how about showing love in a creative, sacrificial way? It will speak volumes and do your heart—and someone else’s—a lot of good. Here are 14 ways to help us all show some love on Valentine's Day …
1. Make a phone call to someone you need to forgive or ask forgiveness from.
2. Invite that irritating co-worker out for lunch or an early dinner.
3. Grab the duster and clean house for a shut-in.
4. Bake some cookies and take them to the neighbor you’ve always avoided or never met.
5. Listen patiently to the family member, friend, co-worker, neighbor or acquaintance who talks and talks and talks.
6. Answer ridicule or a harsh insult with a kind word.
7. Don’t assume. Make the effort to ask.
8. Complete a task on your “honey-do list.”
9. Keep your mouth shut when you know you’re right about something.
10. Turn off the sleep timer on the tube and spend some time with the Father before bedtime.
11. Put down the Crackberry, I mean Blackberry, and play a board game, shoot some hoops or have an impromptu tea party with your children.
12. Do what you say you’re going to do.
13. Affirm your spouse in public.
14. Wash your roommate’s dishes. For a week.