¡Gotta Have Mßsica Cristiana!
- reviewed by Andree Farias Copyright Christianity Today International
- 2006 1 Apr
- De Creer En Ti – Jaci Velásquez
- Yo Creo En Ti – Luis Pedraza
- Dios Lo Hará Otra Vez – Rut Mixter
- Fortaleza – Danilo Montero
- Mi Iglesia – René González
- Mi Testimonio – Juan Luis Guerra
- Padre Nuestro – Jon Montalban
- Revolución – Rojo
- Dios Es Alegre – Aline Barros
- Mi Maestro – Funky
- Al Taller Del Maestro – Alex Campos
- Jesús Siempre Llega A Tiempo – Samuel Hernández
- Canta Al Señor – Ingrid Rosario
- Dios De Pactos – Marcos Witt
- Días De Elías – Paul Wilbur
- Enamorada - Julissa
The field of
To help turn the tide, Integrity Music Latin, Sony BMG, and a number of independent artists and labels have partnered together to release ¡Gotta Have Música Cristiana! The results are historical: for the first time ever, some of the biggest names and songs in Spanish Christian music have been assembled onto one disc for a multi-faceted collection that looks to the past and the present of what the genre offers.
A lot of the selections here are unquestioned classics, like Marcos Witt's "Dios De Pactos," René González's "Mi Iglesia," Samuel Hernández's "Jesús Siempre Llega A Tiempo," and Jaci Velásquez's "De Creer En Ti." Others are inspired, like Danilo Montero's "Fortaleza," Juan Luis Guerra's "Mi Testimonio," and Alex Campos' "Al Taller Del Maestro," while entries by Julissa, Rojo and Funky show the genre's more youthful side.
The set isn't thoroughly comprehensive, as it omits key figures like Jesús Adrián Romero, Lilly Goodman, Marcos Vidal, and a few others, but on the whole, it gets it mostly right. Let's hope after this year's introductory compilation has run its course, those who put it together will rely less on archival material and feature not the best in the