God’s Map of the Future
The devastation of the earthquake and tsunami four years ago—have given us a tiny insight into what the world will be like at the end of the age.
The eyes of the world were drawn to one event—so big that it has touched us as a planet with a glimpse of the end of the world.
Even secular writers and news reporters have used words such as “apocalyptic” and of "biblical proportions” as they tried to describe the devastation and death they were witnessing. Some have even began to talk about what if there was a catastrophe so big, so deadly that it could wipe out life on our planet--an asteroid, a comet, a complete climactic shift away from a life sustaining world. In other words—people are briefly thinking and talking about—the End of the World.
The world ended for at least one hundred and fifty thousand people that Sunday after Christmas. We should think about that event before it gets crowded out of our minds by the next event.
The only difference between
Don’t miss these numbers—they are staggering to our human minds.
- The world has over six billion people alive today.
- God's Word says that more than half of the population of planet earth will perish in the Great Tribulation. Most scholars believe this occurs in the second half which lasts for 3 ½ years.
- So three plus billion people perish in 42 months or 3 ½ years.
- Would that be equivalent to an event as big and deadly as this recent tsunami daily for three and a half years? No an event like the tsunami each day would not be big enough to equal the death toll of the Tribulation. For 150,000 to die a day for 42 months only equals 189 million deaths.
- If half the world’s population were to die by quake and tsunami in 42 months—there would need to be one each hour, 16 hours per day, for three and one half years.
- That will be more bodies to bury than we can even imagine. That is what Jesus warns about when the end of the world comes. So that naturally makes us ask--is it possible to know when the world will end? Yes.
The best selling, widest distributed book of all time is the key.
God has spoken. His words are recorded. His Book, the Bible is the only book--of any religion of any peoples on Earth that has prophecy.
This book is unique in that God has mapped out specific events in the future. Only the Living and True God of Heaven and Earth has ever dared to say, “Let me tell you the future”. In fact, He said that was the way you could know that He was real, and that you and I could place our faith and trust in Him.
May I introduce you to the God who can be trusted. The God who has proven that He alone is God?
What Does God Say?
Open with me to Isaiah 41.23 and see what the Lord has said.
1. PROPHECY IS THE TEST TO SHOW WHO IS GOD. ONLY GOD ACCURATELY KNOWS THE FUTURE.
Isaiah 41:23 Show the things that are to come hereafter, That we may know that you are gods; Yes, do good or do evil, That we may be dismayed and see it together.
2. PROPHECY PROVES GOD IS REAL.
Isaiah 42:5-9 Thus says God the Lord, Who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it, Who gives breath to the people on it, And spirit to those who walk on it: 6 “I, the Lord, have called You in righteousness, And will hold Your hand; I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people, As a light to the Gentiles, 7 To open blind eyes, To bring out prisoners from the prison, Those who sit in darkness from the prison house. 8 I am the Lord, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another, Nor My praise to carved images. 9 Behold, the former things have come to pass, And new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them.”
3. PROPHECY PROVES GOD IS RELIABLE.
Isaiah 46:9-10 Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,’
4. PROPHECY REVEALS TO US THE GOD WE CAN TRUST.
Isaiah 48:3-5 “I have declared the former things from the beginning; They went forth from My mouth, and I caused them to hear it. Suddenly I did them, and they came to pass. 5 Even from the beginning I have declared it to you; Before it came to pass I proclaimed it to you, Lest you should say, ‘My idol has done them, And my carved image and my molded image Have commanded them.’
Isaiah 48:12-13 “Listen to Me, O Jacob, And
5. TRUSTING GOD DETERMINES OUR ETERNAL DESTINY.
Isaiah 48:17-18, 22 Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, The Holy One of
6. PROPHECY IS THE KEY.
Almost a third of this book is prophetic. Scholars who have given their lives in study have tabulated the exact details of this book. One man, J. Barton Payne, spent his life categorizing every verse of the Bible. Here is what he found:
- There are 31,124 verses in the Bible. Old Testament HAS 23,210 AND New Testament HAS 7,914.
- Of these 8,352 contain prophecies. That is 27% of the Bible.
So, of all those thousands of verses—which one explains the end of the world? Read tomorrow’s devotional and find out what God says about the end of the world.
Would you like to own all 31 messages in this series plus a 275 page study guide? Order your copy of the "What's Next for Planet Earth?" MP3 CD today!
For more from Discover the Book Ministries, please visit discoverthebook.org.