Entering God's Presence
This is a journey into the presence of God. We enter God's presence by way of His Tabernacle, God's tent of Meeting.
Old Testament Worship centered on the Tabernacle and then the Temple. Divinely designed liturgy was carried on for 1,500 nearly unbroken years in the way Moses was told by God to do it on Mt. Sinai.
When that day came for the High Priest to pass behind that veil, He was wearing bells on the hem of his garment to let the other priests know he was still alive as he was inside; garbed carefully in the God directed robes and priestly garments. With trembling hands cradling a basin of blood, veiled by a cloud of smoking incense burning in a pot he carried - the High Priest would enter.
Sprinkling the blood on that mercy seat on behalf of all the people of God and hastening out. Why? The only purpose of the Veil was to keep people out of the Holy Presence of God. God was saying I AM HOLY. YOU ARE NOT. STAY OUT!
On the day Christ died can you imagine the scene those officiating priests must have beheld? They came in to trim the lamps, pour a handful of incense over the fire on the altar and change the bread on the Table. Then perhaps at that very moment Christ touched the Veil.
With an unearthly sound that massive curtain was violently torn from top to bottom. Aghast, as for the first time in nearly 1,500 years common people looked upon the ark and the mercy seat and God's throne of grace and mercy. As God said ANYONE WHO WISHES MAY COME IN NOW. YOU ARE WELCOME ANYTIME. Hebrews 4:16 "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (KJV) Aren't you glad we live on this side of Calvary? How can we enter boldly? Because of Jesus!
Now, for our lesson on entering the Presence of God this morning, I call these -
Experience the 9 Steps into God's Intimate Presence
- Discovering The Tabernacle: God wants us LIVING IN His Presence.
- Discovering The Brazen Altar : God wants us APPROACHING HIS HOLINESS (The Doctrine of Satisfaction)
- Discovering The Laver of Brass : God wants us CLEANSING OUR SINS (The Doctrine of Sanctification)
- Discovering The Golden Lamp stand : God wants us WALKING IN HIS LIGHT
- Discovering The Table of Showbread : God wants us NOURISHED BY OUR SAVIOR
- Discovering The Altar Of Incense (30:1-10, 34-38) : God wants us PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT
- Discovering The Veil Which Was Rent : God wants us ENTERING HIS PRESENCE WITH BOLDNESS
- Discovering The Ark of the Covenant : TRUSTING HIS PROMISES
- The Mercy Seat : RESTING IN HIS SACRIFICE
To continue reading this message please copy and paste this URL into your browser bar: http://www.dtbm.org/sermon/entering-gods-presence/