The Prayers of a Word Filled Life
Jesus said some words that if understood lead to the most fruitful, joyful, and powerful spiritual walk there can be – “on this side of Heaven”.
Yet His words often scare us. We think He must have meant something other than what He said, right? What verses do I mean? Listen to Jesus speak about prayer:
- Matthew 18:19 “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.
- Matthew 21:22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”
- Luke 11:9 “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
- John 14:14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.
- John 15:16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.
- John 16:23-24 “And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. 24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.
- 1 John 5:14-15 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.
Jesus spoke His Word -- to stay with us, live with us, walk with us, talk to us, meet with us, and travel with us.
Jesus spoke His Word – to fill our hearts, fill our minds, fill our days and our ways.
Jesus spoke His Word – so we could choose to have what I like to call “The Word Filled Life”.
To continue reading about what prayers look like that flow from a Word filled life please copy and paste this URL into your browser bar: http://www.dtbm.org/sermon/discipline-six-supplication-prayer-is-the-power-of-a-word-filled-life/