Praying the Word-Filled Life
Jesus said some words that if understood lead to the most fruitful, joyful, and powerful spiritual walk there can be - this side of Heaven.
Yet His words often scare us. We think He must have meant something other than what He said, right? What verses do I mean? Listen to Jesus speak about prayer:
1. Matthew 18:19 "Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven."
2. Matthew 21:22 "And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."
3. Luke 11:9 "So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."
4. John 14:14 "If you ask anything in My name, I will do it."
5. John 15:16 "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you."
6. John 16:23-24 "And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. 24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full."
7. 1 John 5:14-15 "Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him."
Whew, that sure sounds too good to be true, right? So we know it, think about it, don't understand it - and don't do what He says. That is because of one qualification that keeps coming up by many different expressions like - "…in His will", "…that obeys…", and "…keeps His Word".
To solve this great mystery, and to unleash some of the greatest prayers of your life, please turn to those words He spoke to them back then, and to us today. They are in John 15.7. Please listen as we read them.
· John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. The King James Version
· John 15:7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you." The New American Standard Bible
· John 15:7 "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you." The New International Version
· John 15:7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you." The New King James Version
· John 15:7 "But if you stay joined to me and my words remain in you, you may ask any request you like, and it will be granted!" The New Living Translation
· John 15:7-8 "But if you make yourselves at home with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon. This is how my Father shows who he is—when you produce grapes, when you mature as my disciples." The Message
The key to unleashing prayers that God always answers is to have them flowing from a Word Filled Life!
For more resources from Dr. John Barnett visit our website at www.DiscoverTheBook.org