The Good Heart From the Inside Out
Jesus wants me to increase in fruit bearing every growing season of my life – so He will work on me to that end!
Psalm 92:12-15 NKJV
· 12 The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree, (that means to grow in the harsh conditions, dry and desert places of life); He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. (that means they grow through storms and strong climate changes) RESPONSE: Lord -- I want to flourish in EVERY SEASON of my life.
· 13 Those who are planted in the house of the Lord (a place of obedient worship, praise, ministry, and sacrifice); Shall flourish in the courts of our God. (that means in God’s Presence)RESPONSE: Lord -- I commit to worship and serve you all my days.
· 14 They shall still bear fruit in old age; (that means life long, to the end – fruitfulness) They shall be fresh and flourishing, (that means life long and to the end freshness and overflowing lives of godliness)RESPONSE: Lord – I want you to do whatever it takes to make and keep me fruitful!
· 15 To declare that the Lord is upright; (His way is the Right Way) He is my rock, (His Presence is a place of Complete Security and Peace) and there is no unrighteousness in Him. (He is GOOD in whatever He DOES).RESPONSE: Lord – You are GOOD whatever you do in my life!
God wants to mature us –
in fruit bearingattitudes that glorify Him,
in fruit bearing actions that magnify Him,
in fruit bearing treasure investments that are at His disposal, and
in fruit bearing time investments for His glory.
These beautiful and life-sustaining trees are mentioned in Psalm 92.
God says that the picture of a righteous person or saint that He wants us to learn from is the similarities between the characteristics of a “palm tree” and how those can be compared to habits that righteous people also choose to cultivate. Here is the 1st fact about palm trees.
· The palm tree grows in good clean soil. When you find these beautiful fruit-bearing trees in California, Iraq, Jericho, or anywhere else, you will never find them planted or growing among rocks or worthless soil.
· The palm tree grows from the inside out. An oak tree can be rotten and dead in the inside, but it will still be very much alive on the outside. We all remember our childhood days, when we would play and hide in an old oak tree. But it is not so with the palm tree. If it is rotten on the inside, it will die.
· All of the fruit of the palm tree is at the top. In other words, everything for God! This is the ambition of the righteous. Personal endeavor and achievement, social activity and serving mankind, will have the underlying motive of glorifying the God adored by the righteous. The Lord wants us to hold everything we have before Him and ask for His examination and approval.
To continue reading this message on the “The Good Heart From the Inside Out” please click here.
For more from Discover the Book Ministries, please visit discoverthebook.org.