The Temples God Describes: First, Second, Third, and Final
Today we need to ponder how the Tabernacle God intricately designed and described, as well as the four Temples God's Word describes, fit into God’s great plan of the Ages. To understand we need to remember that:
The heartbeat of God's Word is worship.
The only thing God seeks is worship.
The purpose of salvation is worshiping the God of Heaven.
So, to start with—is your heart the heart of a worshipper?
Always remind yourself that the tabernacle, which God instructed Moses to construct, covers more chapters (Exodus 25-40) that any other object in the entire Bible. That means that the Tabernacle, and later the Temple, are powerful lessons to guide us in our pursuit of deepening our fellowship with the Lord.
The Tabernacle was God's Portrait of Christ “tenting” among us
Every detail of the Tabernacle, every piece of furniture, color and placement were all engineered to point to Christ. Jesus came to reveal God the Father. The past Tabernacle and Temple, and the future Temples of God in Jerusalem are all designed to point us to Christ. Here is a simple sketch of Christ in the Tabernacle and Temple.
- The Tabernacle in the center of camp: God wants us LIVING IN His Presence.
- The Brazen Altar as the first object through the door: God wants us coming to him (The Doctrine of Satisfaction)
- The Laver of Brass as the next object: God wants to CLEANSe away OUR SINS (The Doctrine of Sanctification)
- The Golden Lampstand made the holy place visible: God wants us WALKING IN HIS LIGHT
- The Table of Showbread on the right: God wants us NOURISHED BY OUR SAVIOR
- The Altar Of Incense at the doorway to the holy of holies: God wants us PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT
- The Veil separating the holiest of all from everything else (whichwas torn): God wants us boldly ENTERING HIS PRESENCE
- The Mercy Seat covered with blood: RESTING IN HIS SACRIFICE
- The Ark of the Covenant: TRUSTING HIS PROMISES
So every detail of the Tabernacle, every piece of furniture, color and placement are all engineered to point to Christ. And Jesus came to reveal God the Father.
The past Tabernacle and Temple, and the future Temples of God in Jerusalem are all designed to point us to Christ.
To continue reading this message please copy and paste this URL into your browser bar: http://www.dtbm.org/sermon/the-temples-god-describes-first-second-third-and-final-/
For more from Discover the Book Ministries, please visit discoverthebook.org.