Ed Young Television Devotional
A popular poll found that many of us are very picky about who we will pray for. For instance, the poll revealed that we typically pray for:
- 82% of the time: Family and friends
- 74% of the time: Our own problems and difficulties
- 37% of the time: Our enemies
- 21% of the time: Win the lottery
- 13% of the time: Victory for their favorite sports team [source: Christianity Today]
The Bible is how God clearly communicates His will for your life. Prayer is how you speak clearly to God. You have access to speak to the God of the Universe today. He longs to hear from you, and he cares about every detail of your life. Are you praying? What are your praying for?
Maybe you’re wondering HOW to pray.
- Pray Continually – Invite God into every situation of your life. Pray as you go, wherever you go.
- Pray Strategically – Use this acrostic: P.R.A.Y.
Praise – Thank Him for who He is, what He’s done, and what He’s promised to do.
Repent – Admit the ways you have sinned against Him and commit to change.
Ask – Ask for His help, wisdom, and action in your life and the lives of others.
Yield – Express your trust in Him and surrender to His plan for your life.
It has been said that prayer is not a means to control God; it is a means to allow God to control you.
Ask God to help you understand the power of prayer.
If necessary, develop a new determination to prayer. Make it a priority today by finding a strategic time where you can clearly speak to God.
Fifty Shades of They gives you fifty simple, yet profound insights that will help any relationship thrive, from friendships to business partnerships to marriages. Based on biblical standards and the teaching of Ed Young, this book is written for anyone who is looking to give new life to their relationships.