“I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe.” —Smith Wigglesworth
What we believe matters. It matters every second of every day.
- A flood of negative circumstances rushes through your life. The existence of a good God begins to seem very questionable. Where do you turn?
- Two nicely dressed men knock on your door wanting to teach you about their religion. The things they are teaching don’t seem completely accurate.
- You reach mid-life. Nothing you have been working for seems to be worth the sacrifices you make. There are choices ahead—choices that will determine the course of the rest of your life.
- After years of faithful prayer and worship, the “God experience” is drying up. You’re emotionally sapped.
- Perhaps you are standing on the edge of a great compromise. There are major moral crossroads in front of you.
In critical times like these (and a million more you will face constantly), where can we turn to determine right from wrong? Where do we go to test our thoughts and our ideas to determine whether they are worthy of our belief? When all seems unstable, there is only one place to stand:
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. —Hebrews 4:12
My Lord, when my thoughts are muddled and my emotions are running amuck, pull my mind back into the truth of Your Word. This year, saturate my soul with Your living Word so that I might believe and live the truth. Amen.
Listen to Pete, Jill & Stuart Briscoe on the Telling the Truth broadcast at OnePlace.com
Request your copy of Getting into God for help in getting out of a spiritual slump!
It’s our gift to thank you for your donation, so please request it today.
And thanks for giving to help more people experience Life through the teaching ministry of Telling the Truth!