Climb Higher: Genuine Worship
Read Ephesians 4:11-14
And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherdsand teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes.
- Do you feel as if you're in a rut with God?
- Are you bored with church--and catch yourself wondering if all this effort really makes a difference in your life?
- Has your spiritual passion taken a nosedive?
Worshipping God is an interactive experience. "Come near to God and he will come near to you" (James 4:8). It's both private and public. It involves our heart and our head. And as we linger in God's presence, praising Him, we become spiritually renewed. Worship builds us into a stronger Christian.
As you worship God, we should ...
(1) give Him our praise and glory.
(2) give Him our thanks.
(3) give Him your whole heart.
As we worship God, we shouldn't ...
(1) go through the motions of an empty ritual.
(2) approach Him with wrong motives, using our praise as a means of getting something.
(3) treat this special time as an option in our life.
God wants our worship. It pleases Him, and it plugs our life into the ultimate power Source. And if we stay plugged in, our lives are gradually transformed. But if we don't make worship a priority, our Christian walk may end up shallow and ineffective.
Lord, help me to worship You with an honest heart. Fill me with the Holy Spirit and help me to grow. Amen.