In Touch Daily Devotional
by Dr. Charles Stanley
Friday, May 14
InTouch Early Light Devotional
How to Reach Your Goals
1 Samuel 17:24-47
In order to become the people God wants us to be and successfully complete the work He has planned for us to do, we need to ask ourselves several questions.
1. Do I have a clear picture of who God wants me to become? Try writing down where you believe the transforming work of God is bringing you. It is important to be able to visualize what we will be like when we have accomplished our goals.
2. Do I have a consuming desire to meet the goals God has given me? Passion is essential in motivating us to make the harder changes God requires and to accomplish all the tasks He has given us. Our degree of commitment will be revealed by our motivation and sense of urgency about meeting our goals.
3. Is my confidence resting in my relationship with Jesus and His promises to me? (Philippians 4:13) It is valuable to develop a habit of remembering past times when God helped us. Without confidence in God, we may become discouraged when we meet obstacles.
4. Do I know my course of action? Action is a key word here. To move forward requires having a strategy that points us in the direction God wants us to go.
5. Have I established a calendar of events and deadlines for meeting the goals? Responding to God's direction in a timely fashion is essential in order to make progress.
If you are not able to answer many of these questions positively, do not be discouraged. God already knew what you would answer. He is waiting to help.
Make sure you tune in for this week's message from Dr. Stanley. For expanded studies and outlines of this week's sermon, visit the In Touch Web site. http://www.intouch.org/myintouch/broadcasts/index_76108.html
Do your teenagers know about Teen Connection - the official teen outreach of In Touch? The latest interviews include Philip Yancey, Point of Grace, ZOEGirl and Rebecca St. James. Visit Teen Connection at www.teen-connection.info.