While really incomprehensible, try to grasp something of the absolute power of Christ. He created everything (Hebrews 1:1-3). Some of the below is from the Moody video, "The Milky Way and Beyond," and some from another source:
* In one second, our sun emits more energy than man has been able to create since Adam and Eve.
* Our sun is only an average-size star. One star, the Pistol Star, produces 1 million times the energy of the sun and has 100 times its mass.
* Our sun and entire solar system are just a pinpoint, or small speck, in our Milky Way galaxy.
* Quasars, at the extreme edge of the known universe, some 1,000 times brighter than our Milky Way galaxy, emit as much energy every second as our sun does in 10 million years.
* There are perhaps 200 billion stars just in our galaxy.
* If our galaxy were the size of the North American continent, our solar system would only be the size of a tea cup.
* While estimates continue to rise, our galaxy is just one of more than 125 billion galaxies in the universe, many of which are comprised of 200 billion or more stars.
* Astronomers say that the total number of stars in space could equal or surpass the total number of grains of sand on all the seashores of the world, and in most cases they are separated by trillions of miles.
Through the ancient prophet Isaiah, God said, "My own hands stretched out the heavens" (Isaiah 45:12, NIV).
The psalmist pondered the wonders of creation and asked God, "What is man that you are mindful of him?" (Psalm 8:4, NIV).
The Bible also reveals, "For by him (Christ) all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together (Colossians 1:16-17, NIV).
And yet, with incomprehensible love, the Mighty Creator visited this pinpoint of a planet, in a pinpoint of a solar system, in a pinpoint of a galaxy, in the vastness of the universe. He was conceived in a virgin's womb, lived a perfect life, and died on a bloody Roman cross, just because He loves you, and me. He rose from the dead, ascended into heaven and before he left, He promised not only to prepare a place for us, but that He would return to earth. In the meantime, He dwells within every believer (Colossians 1:25-27).
Only He is worthy of our worship and praise.
Yours for fulfilling the Great Commission each year until our Lord returns,
The late Dr. Bill Bright was Founder and President/Chairman Emeritus of Campus Crusade for Christ, an organization which began as a campus ministry in 1951 and now has more than 27,000 full-time staff and up to 500,000 trained volunteer staff in 196 countries in areas representing 99.6 percent of the world's population. In the past 50 years, Campus Crusade for Christ has seen approximately 6 billion exposures to the gospel worldwide. The film, "JESUS," which Bright conceived and funded through Campus Crusade for Christ, is the most widely translated and viewed film of any type ever produced. Since its use began in 1980, the film has been translated into 839 languages and viewed or listened to by over 5.7 billion people in 228 countries. Dr. Bright was also the author of more than fifty books. Visit campuscrusade.com for more details
Copyright (c) 2003, Bill Bright. All rights reserved. However, readers may copy and distribute this message as desired, without restrictions in number, as long as the content is not altered. Forwarding this e-mail to friends is encouraged. For many evangelistic and spiritual growth materials, visit the Campus Crusade for Christ Web site at ccci.org. See campuscrusade.com for Bill Bright's own materials.