Monday, September 30
Today's reading: Genesis 1:1-31
In Genesis 1 we find the account of God creating the world. The account is a precise one in that it details the order of creation and shows us God's actions and thoughts.
One of my favorite things about the creation account is getting to see God's satisfied and pleased reaction after evaluating the product of His work. At the end of every day when God looks back over what He has created, we see this consistent declaration—that everything He had created was good.
- "And God saw that the light was good." (vs. 4)
- "And God saw that [heaven, sea and earth] was good." (vs. 10)
- "And God saw that [vegetation] was good." (vs. 12)
- "And God saw that [the sun, moon and stars] was good." (vs. 18)
- "And God saw that [the sea creatures and birds] was good." (vs. 21)
- "And God saw that [the livestock and earthly beasts] was good." (vs. 25)
And then, after creating mankind and observing the totality of His creation, we see the final and greatest declaration: "And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good" (vs. 31, emphasis mine).
As you read Genesis 1:1-25, what did you notice about God as Creator of the world? What did you learn about God's creation, and specifically mankind? Tami
Powered by 4 is all about engaging God's Word and living it out--in community. So if it's encouragement you want or motivation you need, join the discussion on the P4 Blog--a place to weigh in on the daily scripture as well as share thoughts & questions.