Today's reading: 1 Peter 1:13-25
Peter issues the call and challenge to conduct ourselves rightly—"to be holy in all our conduct." But rather than simply stating this charge and moving on, he fleshes this out a bit and provides a number of ways we should be conducting ourselves in order to live out a holy lifestyle.
- Our minds should be engaged for God—prepare our mind for action, being sober-minded (vs. 13)
- We should behave differently—not be conformed to our former ways (vs. 14)
- We must have reverence for God (vs. 17)
- We remember the price that Jesus paid on the cross, dying for our sins (vs. 18-19)
- We live having faith in and hoping for Christ’s return (vs. 21)
- We genuinely and sincerely extend love to others (vs. 22)
What does the charge to "be holy in all your conduct" mean to you? Describe what living out this command looks like in your life. Tami
Powered by 4 is all about engaging God's Word and living it out--in community. So if it's encouragement you want or motivation you need, join the discussion on the P4 Blog--a place to weigh in on the daily scripture as well as share thoughts & questions.