FREEDOM IN FAITH
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John 8:36
During an SSTS seminar in Central Asia, we listened to testimonies of the participants who were mostly from Muslim background. We asked how long they had been followers of Jesus. The majority answered, “Nine years.”
When we asked how the majority had become believers, they shared that there was a vicious religious civil war in their country nine years earlier. It had shown them the true colors of Islam and they turned to follow Jesus for the reasons below:
1. LOVE - Jesus of the Bible teaches and exemplifies love and compassion.
2. WORSHIP - They were attracted to the Christian love of singing and worshipping God with praise and joy!
3. FORGIVENESS - Jesus shows how to forgive our enemies; feed them and give them water to drink.
4. JESUS’ LIFE - Jesus’ teachings and His example are very attractive.
5. WOMEN - Jesus holds women in high esteem.
6. FAITH - Jesus claims to be the way, truth and life. Salvation in Christ is by faith alone. No works or rituals or rules can save us.
7. TRUTH - The Gospel of Jesus Christ is “Good News” because He is the Truth. The Gospel is based on Truth.
8. LIBERTY - Christian expression is based on freedom and liberty in Christ. The Bible teaches the basis for such liberty.
These eight positive principles are a powerful affirmation of the uniqueness of Jesus Christ.
RESPONSE: Today I will appreciate the uniqueness of the Gospel and Jesus my Savior.
PRAYER: Pray today that many more Muslims may come to faith in Jesus and follow Him fully.
STANDING STRONG THROUGH THE STORM (SSTS) -A daily devotional message by Paul Estabrooks
© 2011 Open Doors International. Used by permission
“When the storm has swept by, the wicked are gone, but the righteous stand firm forever.” Proverbs 10:25
Right now millions of Christians face persecution because of their faith in Christ. Register to receive the Open Doors USA Weekly Prayer Alert email. Join alongside thousands of others praying for our brothers and sisters worldwide to stand strong in the midst of their struggles. Also learn more about countries where the persecution of Christians is most severe by visiting the Open Doors website today.