Remember Bam Bam? He was the prehistoric cartoon baby who walked around with a bat.
Well, I feel like mean Bam Bam is chasing after me out of nowhere. He’s trying to make me go starry-eyed, hitting me over the head with questions.
What I you’re not really good enough for God? Bam.
What if you do things wrong and you eternally offend God? Bam.
What if you don’t save yourself from your problems and end up unwanted? Bam.
Bam Bam attacks. How is He attacking you? Make no mistake, although he may be sneaky, Bam Bam is our enemy. He is. He chases our heels with questions of what if.
What if God doesn’t really love you?
What if you really did mess up your kids forever?
What if you can’t ever change?
What if that person never changes?
What if you lose your house, your family, your dreams, your salvation?
We have to stand up to Bam Bam. It is the only way. We have to speak back at Him and chase him in the other direction with evil-repelling truth: God’s promises that make him run scared.
“His faithful promises are your armor and protection.” Ps. 91:4
If you have a personal Bam Bam, talk back. Fight back with promises, such as:
- “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.” Eph. 2:8
- “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” 1 Jo. 4:18
- “So then, it does not depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.” Ro. 9:16
- "All that the Father gives me will come to me, and the one who comes to me I will certainly not cast out.” –Jesus, Jo. 6:37
- “For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned…” Jo. 3:17
- “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.” Jo. 10:28
Take whatever is fighting against you and be like Jesus when he was tempted in the wilderness. (see Mark 4:1-11) Fight back with truth. Done. Period. Adios Bam Bam. We’re not listening to you anymore!
Or, book Kelly to speak at your next women's event or conference.