Thursday, November 22
Today's reading: 1 Chronicles 16:8-22
With this being Thanksgiving week here in the U.S., we're going to spend today and tomorrow looking at the song of thanks composed and sung by King David when the ark of the covenant was brought to Jerusalem (1 Chronicles 16:8-36). In addition to being a beautiful musical poem, this song also puts before us various examples of ways we can give thanks to God.
We give thanks to the Lord when we:
- Talk with Him and tell Him thank you
- Tell others the amazing things He has done
- Praise Him through singing
- Revel in the name of the Lord and place our confidence in Him
- Seek God's presence and strength
- Remember what He's done for us as His children
What would you add to the list above of ways we can give thanks to God? Will you join me in celebrting Thanksgiving by verbally giving thanks to God today? Tami
Powered by 4 is all about engaging God's Word and living it out--in community. So if it's encouragement you want or motivation you need, join the discussion on the P4 Blog--a place to weigh in on the daily scripture as well as share thoughts & questions.