What Are People Responsible To Do In Conversion?- Answers for Church Members - December 8
What are people responsible to do in conversion?
- Repentance means owning that you are a sinner (Acts 3:19).
- Repentance means renouncing sin and resolving to obey Christ (Luke 9:23, Romans 2:4).
- Repentance means mourning over sin and rejoicing to accept Jesus as your new Master and Lord (2 Corinthians 7:10, Romans 6:12-23).
- Repentance is not the end of the battle but the beginning of one (Galatians 5:16-17).
- Believe that God is the holy creator of the universe, the Lord of all (Isaiah 6:1-5, Genesis 1:1, 1 Timothy 6:15-16).
- Believe that you are a sinner and deserve God’s righteous wrath (Romans 1:18, Romans 3:23).
- Believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay the penalty for your sin and rose from the grave to conquer death and offer you eternal life (Romans 3:21-26, Galatians 2:20, Acts 2:24, John 11:25).
For more great resources from Mark Dever and 9Marks Ministries, visit www.9marks.org