John Adams said we are a nations of laws and not of men.
He was responding to enlightenment intellectuals by going all the way back to Aristotle who said that "it is more proper that the law should govern rather than man."
Our Consitution presuposes self-evident truths and the laws of nature and nature's God.
It is only the Natural Law of God that gives us the freedom to avoid the consequences of sin - my sin and yours.
For more see this link: http://media.1170kfaq.com/audio/piper0111131.mp3
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Dr. Everett Piper
- Rule of Law or the Rule of ManTuesday, January 22, 2013
- Debates on First and Second AmendmentsTuesday, January 22, 2013
- Calling Good Evil and Evil GoodThursday, January 03, 2013
- Interview on David Barton's Wall Builders RadioMonday, December 31, 2012
- Why I'm a 'Liberal' and Other Conservative IdeasSunday, December 30, 2012
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content